1100 Maple St Bristol Indiana 46507
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Assembly Reinforcement Operator has the ability to learn and use tools and equipment in the manufacture of concrete poles, including fabrication and assembly of the product. Must be capable of following verbal instructions and maintain a positive and professional attitude in a fast paced work environment. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and conform to all Valmont Safety standards. May be asked to assist other crews when needed.
- Knowledge of the technological instructions for the production of spun cast concrete poles
- Knowledge of the range of manufactured spun cast concrete poles
- Supervision over the correct arrangement and tension of the reinforcement
- Knowledge of machinery operation, programming and controls
- Control of the reinforcement tension process
- Ensure stress jack is calibrated and performing correctly
- Checking the attachment of the tip tension plate with the mold
- Reporting noticed defects and faults to the manager
- Check the technical condition of devices and tools on a daily basis
- Do not obstruct access to the emergency stops and the main switch
- Compliance with the general OHS and fire safety instructions and workplace instructions
- Follow the instructions of superiors and management
- Maintaining order in your workplace
- Basic knowledge of the FPC system
Other Important Details about the Role:
- This position reports to the Plant Supervisor and has no direct reports or indirect reports
- Must have a high awareness for the safety of other employees and machines used in the production area.
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions
- Participate in LEAN and 5S projects, as well as keep immediate production area clean
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a professional manner
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to work one(1) or two (2) shifts of overtime per week
- The ability to work in extreme temperatures with exposure to chemicals and irritating particulates
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Basic education
- Knowledge of the manufacturing process
- Basic knowledge of the computer
- Current medical examination
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Posses These Preferred Qualifications
- Authority to operate the crane and the forklift
- Experience in working in a similar prefabrication plant
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
- Work on the production floor, mainly standing and walking position
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.