15000 Valmont Plaza Omaha Nebraska 68154
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The main goal of this position is the application of Supplier Relationship Management technology to re-engineer procurement and sourcing business processes for speed, efficiency and competitive advantage. Design, develop, implement and support the Ariba system and major business subsystems within the corporation. Analyze requirements, develop effort estimates, task dependencies and provide functional support. Perform feasibility analysis. Supervision of Ariba Analysts in the future.
- This position reports into the VP of IT and will have up to 5 direct reports over time
- Travel up to 50% domestic and international with overnight stays
- Apply Ariba technology to business processes
- Identify and document current and future business processes
- Identify and document gaps between current and future business processes
- Re-engineer business processes through analysis of alternative process designs and implementation to achieve speed, simplicity, accuracy and competitive advantage
- Continuously monitor industry trends, standards, and technologies. Research, recommend and apply new technologies as they emerge
- Keep abreast of and apply best practices in process design and system development and implementation
- Generate functional system documentation for each application
- Lead the implementation of Ariba upstream and downstream, setup, training, conference room pilots, issue documentation and remediation and support
- Liaise between SAP consultants and Business SME's to ensure business procurement requirements are met in the implemented SAP Solution which will span Ariba and S4/HANA in conjunction with the Ariba Design Authority
- Detail GAP between SAP Best Practice process and current business Process
- Investigate GAP solution and make recommendations in conjunction with the Ariba Design Authority, as well as owning of Gap solution
- Drive continuous improvement of process definition
- Serve as key team member for the implementation project representing application development in the assigned area
- Document the To Be process flows and interface points
- Carry out testing and create test scripts
- Prepare functional specifications
- Lead and carry out data migration activities
- Extensive SAP related experience in either SAP Ariba Upstream or Downstream Modules
- Has participated in at least one large information transformation engagements in the appropriate area
- Ability to present and gain sponsorship of appropriate area within the implementation team
- Ability to work with and collaborate with all teams and individuals in the business teams and the ERP teams toward developing a best practice processes, quality and efficiencies for the program
- Experience in SAP Procurement through S4/HANA and Ariba
Other Important Details about the Role:
Direction is provided by the immediate supervisor and normally consists of relative priority and timing requirements of the assignment, business process requirements and tradeoffs, assigned resources, security and/or performance requirements, interface and technical requirements. The incumbent is free to coordinate assigned resources to maximize production output and quality, and to develop and implement business systems within the parameters provided and subject to supervisory direction and user acceptance testing and approval. Supervisor is kept informed of progress toward the goal, issues, problems, conflicts and opportunities to help guide the project toward completion. A high level of initiative and self- motivation is necessary to be successful.
The Ariba Lead will lead activities by coordinating systems integration and end user testing including planning, building, scheduling, facilitating execution, issues resolution, controlling scope, and adjusting to unforeseen issues. The incumbent works with the project team to document, prioritize, and resolve issues to ensure testing deliverables are completed on time.
The incumbent should have a sound understanding of the economics of testing to promote quality at a reasonable cost. The system user or customer is fully involved at each stage of implementation to help ensure the accuracy of the solution. Supervisor is kept informed of progress toward the goal, issues, problems, conflicts, and opportunities to help guide the project toward completion.
The incumbent is given complex and challenging business problems that can provide opportunities for significant competitive advantage. The Ariba Lead must perform feasibility and economic analysis to evaluate system alternatives for cost and bottom line impact. Efficiency of the entire business process must be considered throughout the development cycle.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Preferred Bachelor's with 6+ years of relevant experience or Associate's degree with 8+ years of relevant experience or 10+ years of relevant experience
- Leadership role in Ariba upstream or downstream implementation or six years' experience as a subject matter expert
- Must be available for U.S. and international travel 25-50%
- Excellent understanding of procurement and sourcing processes
- Excellent understanding of computer technology as it applied to business processes
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Masters' degree of Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related
- Must be able to work effectively with people at all levels, solve personal conflicts, understand and diagnose the causes of change resistance and initiate corrective action
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of IFS or other ERP systems
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting; however, incumbent may be required to go into the production or shipping/receiving areas. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. The employee is expected to utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and position, keyboard location and height, and see that proper wrist rests are used. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Travel up to 50% may be required to sites within the U. S and Internationally. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk when moving about the office. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment, using a proper lifting technique. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.