1545 Pidco Drive Plymouth Indiana 46563-1354
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
The Grinder position is an individual contributor in the PiRod Plymouth facility. This person must be a highly driven individual that will polish, grind, and operate machines in a manufacturing environment.
- Operate a hand-held grinder to finish small part components.
- Process material in accordance with shop drawings through the use of designated machines.
- Operate automatic machines.
- Load machine programs, as needed, specific to product orders.
- Troubleshoot causes of operating errors and determine possible resolutions.
- Maintain material traceability.
- Seek opportunities for improvements within the manufacturing department.
- Perform tasks according to production needs to minimize downtime.
- Manage time to efficiently produce quality products within designated work hours
- Communicate information and provide feedback, in person, with co-workers, Shift Lead, Shift Supervisor &/or Production Manager.
- Perform general housekeeping.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
Important Details about the Role
- The employee is responsible for own work.
- Must be able to work with other employees to complete job.
- This position reports to the Production Supervisor.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have an acceptable attendance and prior employment record.
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Strong hands-on working knowledge operating machines in a production environment.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints/shop drawings.
- Must be able to read a tape measure to within 1/32"
- Ability to physically lift, push or pull up to a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Demonstrated strengths in interpersonal skills, including the ability to adapt and professionally communicate with a variety of people.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Previous experience grinding parts within a manufacturing environment.
- Industrial trade school training in industrial machining
- 6 months of previous qualified welding experience in a professional, manufacturing environment
- 6 months of previous CNC machining experience in a professional, manufacturing environment
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.