15000 Valmont Plaza Omaha Nebraska 68154
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position performs work under the general supervision of the Director of Treasury. This Individual Contributor position provides services to the Treasury Department and is primarily responsible for ensuring the policies and procedures are followed. This includes the collection of global cash balance, cash variance analysis, disbursement management, bank account/lockbox analysis, and maintaining the SharePoint Site. Other duties include the backup of the daily cash management process. This includes the preparation of the daily cash position, initiating domestic and foreign wires and ACH transfers, and administrating banking portals.
- This position reports to the Director of Treasury and has no direct or indirect reports
- Flexible schedule however must be able to work in the office 2-3 days per week and report for key business processes as needed
- Daily Balance Information Collection: Responsible for the retrieval of bank account balance information from a variety of systems to determine the company's exact domestic cash position and balance at the global level. This includes calculation of the daily cash ledger position, reconciliation of the cash activity from the prior day, and reporting of foreign balances. Initiation or approval of electronic transfers, payment investigation, and other cash management duties are also the responsibility of the incumbent.
- Cash Variance Analysis: Responsible for the investigation of the cause for any significant change in cash balances through communication with the site accounting personnel, as well as monitoring of working capital changes.
- Disbursement Management: Responsible for verification that all accounts payable files have been transmitted to the disbursement bank and acknowledgement of the files has been received.
- Bank Accounts: Monitors, updates, and audits all company bank accounts. This includes signature authority, account balances, fees, bank rating, and FBAR.
- SharePoint Site: Maintains the Treasury SharePoint Site; including forms, documents, calendar, contacts and tasks.
- Lockbox and Bank Account Analysis: Performs a study of divisional lockboxes and bank accounts. This review insures timely submission, accurate details, and appropriate fees on all accounts.
- Assisting with special projects and ad hoc analyses as requested by the Director of Treasury.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) - intermediate level knowledge
- Must be able to accurately maintain records and files, establish priorities, work independently, meet deadlines and handle sensitive and confidential material
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Basic accounting skills and familiarity with accounting, banking and insurance terminology
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- One to three years of experience in relevant area
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP), Certified Cash Manager (CCM) or Chartered Financial Analyst Certification (CFA)
- Prior experience in treasury operations and Treasury Management System
- Data Oriented Individual
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and family's overall wellness needs are met.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
*Due to the nature of Valmont's Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.