28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Bridge Crane Operator position in the Global Coatings Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will operate the galvanizing department's 15-ton overhead bridge crane in a safe and effective manner to ensure high quality finished product. Additionally, you will...
- Monitor steel products in the process tanks and zinc baths to achieve desired, high quality end result
- Inspect hooks and chains and use gauges to check thickness of the crane set-up
- Operate and maneuver the drossing equipment in a proper and safe manner
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility safety regulations
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment
- Operate radio controlled crane while standing and walking down the galvanizing process
What it takes
- The ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- The ability to perform basic math functions such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to work in extreme temperatures with exposure to smoke and irritating particulates
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- One year of previous experience with overhead crane operations
- One year of previous experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
- The ability to recognize hazardous substances and to know basic employee responsibilities for chemical safety
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.