41 Wood St Estill South Carolina 29918
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Fabricator position in the Composite department. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will manufacture and repair centrifugally cast composite shafts for light pole products according to customer specifications. Additionally, but not limited to, you will...
- Select the proper shafts & set up as per production orders
- Check and repair surface imperfection
- Review shop drawing for accuracy, drill and cut holes to meet customer requirements
- Clean and prepare the pole surface for further manufacturing processes insuring that all debris has been removed
- Regularly inspect parts for quality at prescribed intervals per written and verbal guidelines using samples and various measuring instruments
- Troubleshoot and correct various operational and quality problems
- Keep containers containing chemicals labeled and covered at all times in accordance with EPA and fire prevention standards
- Keep work area and molding equipment clean, emptying all trash, putting away all tools, etc in their proper location at the end of the shift.
- Detect and report defective material, improper equipment operation and unusual conditions to supervisor
- Follow all standard and/or prescribed safety regulations
- Follow all standard operating procedures
- Train and assist in development of less experience personnel
What it takes
- Proficient with tape measure and the use of hand tools
- Ability to read and follow written and oral directions
- Ability to understand order prints and follow production schedule
- Ability to use basic math skills up to and including the use of fractions, percentages
- Maintain supplies needed on a weekly basis
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, use hand and arms to reach, push, pull, stoop, kneel and lift up to 60 lbs. without assistance
- Work with and around chemicals/solvents and work in hot and cold environments.
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot processes and take corrective actions
- Ability to utilize proper decision making techniques
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.