2551 Valmont Dr Brenham Texas 77833-5418
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
- Use GMAW/GTAW (MIG/TIG) process to assemble and weld various small components to aluminum pipe and conductor, to fabricate quality rigid bus and flexible jumpers. The bus and jumper assembly generally consists of aluminum pipe, fittings and wire
- Use FCAW/GMAW process to assemble and structurally weld steel components that generally consist of square tubular steel, base plate, simplex, and other mounting components required for the CEC substation product
- Be able to flex to other weld assembly shops within the site to use FCAW/GMAW process to assemble small pole, mid-size, and mast arm products that generally consist of a round shaft, base plate, hand hole, arm mounting simplex, tenon-top, and/or other small parts
- Use an overhead crane to position tubing, shafts, base plate and simplex into position for assembly, occasionally push, lift, and pull up to 50 pounds
- Read and interpret drawings to determine parts needed for all weld assemblies
- Locate and gather parts needed for assembly from the parts staging area
- Read and interpret drawings to ensure proper location of various small part attachments
- Use plasma torch and band saws to cut pipe, aluminum and steel. Utilizes jigs made by Valmont for setting bus fastening tabs, jumper orientation, cutting holes in shafts, inserting hand hole rims, arm mounting simplex's, couplings, and other required components.
- Wear protective goggles and hood to protect eyes from ultraviolent rays, welding fumes, welding and cutting debris
- Use measuring tape, levels, squares, and angle finders to measure distances and angles
- Work in close quartered areas at various locations, positions, and heights as necessary to accurately measure, cut, weld, and assemble components to design print
- Use motorized grinders, motorized buffers, stone grinders, drills, and other hand tools to aid in the assembly of the product.
- Follow all Valmont safety guidelines, rules and regulations with a practical working knowledge of Personal Protective Equipment and Lock Out/Tag Out
- Other duties as assigned
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.