600 W Reichmuth Rd Valley Nebraska 68064-0358
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The primary responsibilities of this position are overseeing and leading the full range of purchasing and sourcing functions including procurement of raw materials, components and capital/MRO items and logistics, both domestically and internationally. The Director Supply Chain - Solar will develop and execute an integrated strategy related to current and future needs and global fulfillment that delivers low cost, high quality solar structures products and industry-leading flexibility, quality, and customer satisfaction. This position is primarily responsible for strategy, leadership, supplier relationship management, risk management and performance management for the worldwide operations. The Director Supply Chain - Solar will play a strategic leadership role while also ensuring the company is every day operational activities run smoothly and effectively. In addition, this role will work closely with the R&D and product development teams to identify and implement future technology and product solutions.
In this role, the individual will develop and implement new methods to achieve cost savings while delivering best practices in strategic sourcing, vendor selection, negotiation, value chain analysis, requisitions, and supply consolidation across Valmont Solar. The supply chain team will support Global production including managing internal and external vendors and resources.
- Leads the global supply chain function resulting in desired cost and strong internal customer satisfaction
- Generates cost reduction improvements annually through improvements in sourcing, price negotiation, materials substitution, blanket contracts, vendor/supplier relationships, and other related best of class procurement practices
- Ensures that strategic and operating business plans are developed and implemented in support of business needs
- Leads risk management efforts for the function. Supports business unit objectives defining a layered supply chain in a non-mandated environment. Ensures risk management strategies are proposed by the function and agreed with the business. Provides business unit competitive advantage from supply side. Ensures risk management processes and commitment reporting are in place and aligned.
- Oversees supplier relationship management and contract negotiations. Develops supplier relationships with key suppliers based on strategy. Collaborates with the business to determine innovation opportunities and set supplier strategy to deliver. Collaborates with the business where appropriate on key negotiations and assists as needed.
- Manages processes/systems. Ensures the processes are aligned with the global functional operating model. Identifies and documents business requirements for system enhancements. Ensures adequate controls and segregation are in place.
- Manages performance management/measurement in support of Key Performance Indicators to meet financial and operational objectives
- Participate with senior management in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs, and objectives related to supply chain management
- Ensures quality management system procedures are implemented throughout functional groups
- Develop and manage a system of controls to ensure that service levels and operational performance goals are met within prescribed cost, revenue, and profit parameters
- Identify competitive strategies and evaluate, adjust, or redraft the organization's supply chain programs accordingly ensuring thorough communication of imperatives and action items to the team
- Strategic material management and procurement experience with managing high volume transaction of structural parts and forecasting needs / requirements to maximize volume discounts with key partners
- Serves on organizations NPI steering committee, responsible for representing sourcing and supply chain. Identify suppliers for new technologies and product development initiatives
- This position reports into the Vice President & General Manager of Global Solar and has 1 direct report
- This role requires up to 30% travel (international/domestic) with occasional travel up to 50% initially; ravel includes overnight stays.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Preferred Bachelors with 10+ years of relevant experience or Associates Degree with 12+ years relevant experience or 15+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with inventory management, global sourcing and international logistics
- Office automation software skills and experience with ERP systems; budgeting and planning
- Ability to discuss a wide range of topics from business strategy to the tactical execution of that strategy
- Excellent organizational, leadership, motivational, analytical problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to build cross-functional partnerships and engage in and lead cross-functional teams and initiatives
- Strong change management skills and experience
- Demonstrated negotiation and management leadership skills
- Must have working knowledge of facilities equipment, operations, and management
- Experience with developing and monitoring production strategies and performance metrics
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with dynamic priorities and demands
- Understand budget development and monitoring with knowledge of P&L for all operations
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- APICS or Supply Chain Certification is preferred
- Six Sigma certification preferred
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting; however, incumbent may be required to go into the production, shipping/receiving areas or infrequently into the field environment where product is being installed. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Overtime will be required as needed and travel expectations up to 15% with overnight stays. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk when moving about the office, production, or field environments. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds in working with office materials and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.