28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Material Handler position in the Global Coatings Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will inspect and prepare materials for the galvanizing process. Additionally, you will...
- Screen materials to be galvanized and report unsafe or inappropriate materials
- Operate the overhead bridge crane in a safe, secure, and productive manner
- Perform paddling functions to enhance the quality level of galvanized products
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility safety regulations
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment
- Inspect and report any materials that are rusty, damaged, bent, missing welds, or improperly vented
- Additional duties including using air or electric powered tools to help prepare steel for pickling or galvanizing, assisting in general plant clean up and housekeeping
- Working safely with the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which includes the ability to complete a respirator fit test per OSHA standards which requires candidates/incumbents to trim or remove facial hair that interferes with the seal of the respirator.
What it takes
- The ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- The ability to add and subtract
- A working knowledge of production hand tools and gauges
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
- The ability to accurately read a tape measure
- The ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- One year of previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- One year of previous experience in a galvanizing or coatings environment
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to recognize hazardous substances and to know basic employee responsibilities for chemical safety
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.