1600 East 29th Ave Columbus Nebraska 68601
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Welder position in the Columbus facility. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will weld metal components together to fabricate or repair products according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders using brazing and a variety of arc and gas welding equipment. A thorough knowledge of welding procedures and practices are essential to ensure the quality of the product. Additionally, you will...
- Work from blueprints and layouts to accurately fit structural parts or components together in shop in preparation to welding
- Lay out guidelines or marks on metal parts and cut metal with a cutting torch
- Weld metal structural components together in the fabrication of steel electrical poles, substations, and other structures
- Adjust welding equipment to its prescribed settings
- Move pole shafts using an overhead crane and gather parts and materials to complete the project
- Utilize all safety devises and wear all mandatory personal protective safety equipment
- Perform other duties as directed by leaders and management
- Actively participate in department safety, demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all Valmont safety policies and procedures
What it takes
- Must have weld experience - preferably MIG welding
- The ability to read a tape measure
- Must excel in a team environment
- The ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Able to maintain an acceptable level of production, quality and attendance as determined by Management.
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent or graduation from an accredited trade school for welding
- One year of previous experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- Six months of previous experience welding in a professional environment
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
- The ability to identify and communicate maintenance or production problems to departmental supervision
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.