1085 West 400 North Lindon Utah 84042-1102
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position
The Paint Associate - Level 1 position is an individual contributor in the Paint Department. This person must be a highly driven individual that will prepare Valmont products prior to painting, ensure high quality finishes after the painting process, and package the finished product for shipment.
- Hang and unhang parts such as light poles, arms, bases, and small components as needed
- Blasts the product using a Wheelabrater and ensures the product has a sufficient blast profile
- Responsible for blowing shot and dust off of parts andrepairs all damaged galvanizing and removes all oil and contaminates
- Responsible for final visual quality check of poles
- Installs all post finish attachments and package poles and arms
- Performs basic maintenance on blasting, rigging, and packaging equipment
- Ability to lift an average weight of 20 to 40 pounds, 40% of the time(i.e., all small parts, arms and pedestal bases), and lift 50 pound containers 5-10 times per shift
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) and work both in a non-temperature controlled environment and outdoors
- Ability to spend 100% of the shift standing, walking, sitting, bending, squatting, balancing, stooping, kneeling and lifting in the process of preparing and/or coating of all poles and parts within the department
- Ability to operate fork lifts, overhead cranes, power tools, packaging equipment, lowerators, and blasting equipment
Important Details about the Role
- The employee is responsible for own work
- Must be able to work with other employees to complete job
- Helps train employees in proper packaging, blasting, and hanging techniques
- Must be able to determine the acceptance or rejection of finished coated poles and small parts according to standard specifications.
- Extreme care is required when blasting galvanized parts so as not to remove the zinc and cause galvanized re-work at significant cost
- The employee must maintaina safe and productive work environment producing a quality product which is shipped complete and on time to satisfy the needs of the customer
- The employee has a direct impact on safety, quality, productivity, TME (total manufacturing expenses), and customer satisfaction
- This position reports to the shop's Production Manager
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- The ability to calculate simple mathematics and interpret shop drawings
- Basic working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Outlook or similar email software
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
- The ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of people
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to meet production, safety, and quality standards in a high-paced working environment
- Rack and unrack parts, brush off, fill, sand, and clean parts for painting
- Ensure high quality products with visual quality check
- Maintain and operate painting, blasting, rigging, and packaging equipment safely
- Prepare paint booth, clean and set-up paint application system
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility safety regulations
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- One year of previous experience in a painting or manufacturing position
- Experience operating overhead cranes and forklift
- Experience using dry mill thickness gauges, wet film thickness gauges and micrometers
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
The job is performed in an indoor shop environment. The temperature range can be from 100 degrees in the summer to about 50 degrees in the winter. Most operations may expose employee to some type of disagreeable working conditions (wind, cold, heat, dust, dirt, fumes, noise, vibration, water, or oil). Working conditions may vary with specific work assignments. Exposure to electrical hazards, grease, loud noises, and outside elements occur continually or regularly. Extreme care should be taken to prevent damage to equipment or department personnel in the area of operations especially when performing setups. The job requires safety glasses, hearing protection, and metatarsal safety shoes be worn at all times. The employee must be able to spend the entire work shift on their feet within the shop environment. The incumbent must also be able to wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) for working in the production facility.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.