955 North Haverhill Rd El Dorado Kansas 67042-4806
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
2nd Shift (3:30 pm - 2:00 am M - F)
Starting Wage $19.43/hr + $1 shift differential
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Material Controller (Evening Shift) position in the Global Utility Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will maintain appropriate and efficient work flow through the production areas by handling Valmont materials and products. Additionally, you will...
* Receive, issue, and physically move Valmont materials and products in a safe and efficient manner
* Provide accurate and timely documentation of material and product movement
* Ensure the accuracy of the computers inventory system and the physical location and organization of inventory
* Interpret production plans and shipping orders to provide the require levels of material handling and shipping
* Count material inventory and reconcile inventory cycle discrepancies
* Demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all Valmont safety policies and procedures
What it takes
* One year of previous experience operating a forklift/heavy equipment
* Must be able to obtain forklift certification
* The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
* Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
* The ability to work through problems with minimum amount of assistance from the leadperson or supervisor
* The ability to work timely and expeditiously to deliver an on-time result without errors
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent
* One year of previous experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
* The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
* The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
* The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
* Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.