28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position
The Ag Specialist 2 will focus on constructing jigs and fixtures for prototype and production parts. The incumbent will utilize MIG and other welding skills to produce and complete products within the linear operation. This incumbent will be trained in multiple areas within the Ag Specialty shop to be able to complete duties in various cells. The Ag Specialist 2 will also provide troubleshooting and repair recommendations on hydraulic systems. The incumbent will also be setting up and operating production machines. The incumbent will be utilizing industrial equipment with the shop to assist in completion of tasks and moving product in and out of the shop.
- Constructing jibs and fixtures for prototype and productions parts
- Operating a MIG welder; cutting torch, plasma arc and threader
- Set up and running common rework activities
- Install, set up and use hydraulic components such as saws, brake presses etc.
- Operate industrial equipment such as forklift, tractors, overhead cranes
- Clean and paint parts as needed
- Production machine set ups
- Production of parts to engineering standard times
- Production of parts to acceptable quality levels and blueprint specification
- Transporting materials from storage locations to work stations with timeliness and accuracy
- Measure, cutting, and designing materials to customer and product specifications
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Assisting with loading and loading of trucks as needed
- Provide troubleshooting and repairs of hydraulic systems
- Partner with coworkers and assist in various cells as needed
- Participate and support Lean and 5S processes
- Actively participate in Valmont's safety program
- Ability work overtime as needed during busy season
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Ability to read and correctly interpret blueprints as well as engineering drawings to identify parts
- Ability to operator industrial equipment.
- Understand and read verbal and written instructions in English in order to complete necessary paperwork and safety requirements
- Proven experience with MIG welding
- Proficient uses of shears, break presses, saws, and CNC programmable steel punch machine
- Proficient use of various hand tools and gauges including wrenches, air tools, electrical impact wrench
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Five years irrigation industry fabrication experience
- Precision machining, CNC, or Automation Technology degree
- Degree/certification In electricity
- Degree/certification in hydraulics and pneumatics
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.