4116 Whiteside St Los Angeles California 90063-1619
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
Manages and is accountable for the sales activities of the organization in the market areas served by George Industries. Works with the site Regional and Operations Managers to establish the parameters of the sales effort for the organization including sales policy and pricing initiatives; analyzes market and customer data to determine volume potential, possible customers, types of material, effects of competition; tracks quotes and pricing; forecasts annual sales - both sales dollars and pounds; prepares periodic sales reports for upper management analyzing sales volumes and pricing by customer; professionally represents the Company at all times; ensures all customer communications and orders are promptly and accurately handled; ensures all internal operations employees receive detailed processing and quality expectation requirements for incoming orders; takes appropriate action to resolve all customer service concerns; works effectively with site team members to ensure correct invoicing and shipping requirements/procedures are followed; establishes a sales budget and works effectively within that budget.
- Prepare periodic sales reports for upper management analyzing sales volumes and pricing by customer
- Ensure all customer communications and orders are promptly and accurately attended to
- Analyze market and customer data to determine volume potential, possible customers, and types of material
- Ensure all internal operation employees receive detailed processing and quality expectation requirements for incoming orders
- Take appropriate action to resolve all customer service concerns
- Develop and maintain a confidential customer profile on each account
- Coordinate and develop sales presentations to educate others about the value of galvanizing
- Provide quotations for customers
- Coordinate scheduling with Production
- Follow up on outstanding quotes
- Oversee inside sales force
- Cross-train to cover other administrative functions
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor degree or five years comparable experience and High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 3-5 years' experience in a durable manufacturing, steel fabrication or industrial coatings environment. Or have a combination of industrial outside sales and customer service experience totaling 5-7 years
- Valid Driver's License and safe driving record
- Ability to effectively interpret and present information both one-on-one and in front of an audience
- Ability to calculate basic math concepts to calculate per piece charges, order totals, discounts, and proportions. Able to communicate with and work well with people at all levels of the organization both internally and externally
- Ability to travel locally, approximately 30% (day runs primarily; some overnights maybe needed)
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing or related field
- Review blueprints for venting holes
- The ability to read and interpret drawings
- A proven record of exceptional sales performance both in increased existing business and new business sales development
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
- Talented and skilled at working collaboratively within the organization
- Three to five years Operational Management experience
- Lean Manufacturing Background/Supervisory
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Some travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.