2551 Valmont Dr Brenham Texas 77833-5418
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position will be responsible for cutting pipe and tubes for use in Small Pole and Midsize operations. The person in this role will need to use various equipment to complete the cutting process as well as getting the finished tubes to the next station to ensure successful completion of the pole.
- Moves product throughout the department to various stations
- Reads blueprints and understands geometric angles to cut pipe according to information on production drawings
- Uses common shop mathematics to manufacture product per shop drawings and specifications required
- Load product that has been cut onto racks to proceed to next operation
- Operate forklift to move product to next operation, and to empty scrap hopper
- Use banding equipment to secure product for transporting
- Use various measuring equipment such as and not limited to, tape measure, weld bead gauges, angle finder, and protractor
- Lift repeatedly equipment, material, and parts weighing up to but not to exceed 50 pounds.
- Keep work area clean and orderly daily to assure that work area is free from any dunnage, scrap, steel, slag or debris
- Use proper safety procedures and equipment at all times, to protect yourself and fellow workers
- Use manufacturing system to record work completed
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Must be able to read and write English
- Must have knowledge of basic shop mathematics, addition, subtraction, fractions, multiplication and decimals.
- Work in a team environment
- Have 6 months prior experience using cutting tools and equipment
- Become a certified forklift operator
- Complete overhead crane training
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6 months prior experience working in a manufacturing environment
- 6 months prior working experience operating heavy equipment
- 1 year prior experience using cutting tools and equipment
- The ability to accurately and honestly check one's own work for quality assurance
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
This job is typically performed in an indoor shop environment. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The temperature can range from 105 degrees in the summer to about 40 degrees in the winter. There will likely be exposure to smoke from cutting/welding operations. Most operations may expose employee to some type of disagreeable working condition (wind, cold, heat, dust, dirt, fumes, noise, and vibration). Working conditions may vary with specific working assignments. Safety glasses, earplugs, and metatarsal safety shoes are required at all times while working in the plant.
Incumbent will also be exposed to production facilities where specific PPE will be required such as hand, hearing, foot, eye, and head protection. There will also be frequent exposure to outside elements for short periods of time. Being outside will also expose them to material handling equipment such as forklifts, straddle trucks, and shag trucks.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.