25010 Alliance Dr Claremore Oklahoma 74017
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
To layout and assemble pole sections in preparation for welding.
- Laying out, aligning and assembling fabricated metal products used in electrical poles, substations, and other structures.
- Works under the guidance of the supervisor/lead man to fit components together in the shop from blue prints, in preparation for welding.
- Assembles structural units requiring fitting.
- Does repetitive types of assembling operations according to procedures established by others and uses hand tools and measuring devices in the performance of work.
- Works under conditions with accurate performance and completion of work within set time limits.
- Consistently maintain quantity and productivity at the level that is set by your supervisor
- Accountable and responsible for essential tools and equipment provided along w/ the maintaining of these tools and equipment.
- Actively participate in department safety, demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all Valmont safety policies and procedures.
- High School Graduate or equivalent (preferred)
- Must pass Valmont 1G hand weld test
- Previous experience fitting structural steel products preferred.
- Able to read blue prints to properly fit up product.
- Ability to calculate formulas using basic mathematics and standard U.S. and Metric Measurements.
- Knowledge and experience in gas metal arc welding and the use of flame cutting and or plasma cutting are necessary.
- Knowledge of quality requirements and standards.
- Ability to prioritize work in order to complete deadlines. Must also be able to work through problem with the minimum amount of assistance from the leadperson or the supervisor.
- Ability to work timely and expeditiously to deliver an on-time result without errors.
- At the end of 90 Calendar days the candidate must be able to maintain an acceptable level of production, quality and attendance as determined by Management.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.