1501 S Euclid Ave Tucson Arizona 85713
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This individual contributor position is the main coordinator between Valmont and our OEM's / representatives and customers in areas of requests for quotations, accepting and processing orders, computing accurate prices, maintaining management directed margins, negotiating price and delivery to obtain orders, handling all quote and order related issues for our customers. The main area of focus is in the telecom sector, specifically, a focus on architectural concealment of wireless network sites. The incumbent is part of a regional team consisting of Regional Sales Managers, Project Administrators, Engineer, Drafters, and Field Service Specialist. The team is responsible for processing specific division related quotations and orders as assigned. Generally, work is assigned to the team based on regional territories. In addition, work may be done in support of another team based on overflow situations in other regional territories. This is a customer focused position which requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- This position reports to the Director of Project Management and has no direct reports
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of work as this is used for order processing by other departments
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of marketing, product engineering, industrial engineering, sales service, traffic/shipping, manufacturing, purchasing, and accounting functions as related to the product
- Responsible for all order related tasks, including, but not limited to comparison of total purchase order terms to Valmont terms and pricing policy, calculating margins and commissions, order processing, scheduling input, order expediting through all internal departments, order entry into the computer systems, and credit-related functions
- Process quotes and orders on a timely basis and monitor flow through various departments, including expediting when required
- Maintain a complete understanding of the quote and order entry systems and all the process and procedure changes that occur
- Ensures recommended margin levels be met on all quotations
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with all who receive prices or place orders
- Establish and maintain a reliable working relationship between the regional team, factory and the OEM / representative
- Verify orders received against quote documents, enter and schedule orders and maintain open communication with OEM's / representatives and customers as to the progress of orders
- Manage and communicate specifics for all assigned quotations including the initial review and summarization through follow-up activities
- Establish and maintain customer master files on all assigned accounts to provide timely information, minimize quotation and order turnaround time, and to maximize accuracy and effectiveness
- Implement and practice company policies on warranty, quality, and shortage items
- Determine least cost approach that will satisfy customers on all field complaints. Work with the appropriate Field Service Specialist when required
- Minimize company exposure on all field labor claims and back-charges
- Carry out all special assignments as requested by Director of Project Management / Operations Manager / General Manager
- Provide coverage of other Associate Project Administrators, Project Administrators, and Senior Project Administrators desks as directed
- Participate or lead on various divisional/departmental continuous improvement teams or projects
- Must maintain appropriate professional competencies, certifications, licenses, etc., necessary to perform job
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Preferred Bachelor's in relevant field or Associates Degree in relevant field with 3+ years of experience or 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience: 2 years of specific experience in Technical/Construction Project Management
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment and discretion
- Previous construction project management experience w/ fast paced, short timeline projects
- High knowledge of construction/structural/industrial design
- Knowledge of different types of building materials such as steel structures, framing, composites (fiberglass), EIFS, finishes
- Ability to read and interpret general 2D/3D drawings and RFQ documentation
- Possess the capabilities of prudent, on-the-spot, decision making
- Must have a high level of mechanical and design understanding.
- Must have the ability to read construction drawings, perform take-offs, and to be able to translate these into price estimates and conceptual designs.
- Adaptable to fast paced, high volume of design projects, subject to specific deadlines, with demonstrated ability to keep a positive, professional attitude
- Must possess advanced problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and a number/math orientation
- Ability to work in, and be an integral part of, a team environment
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills in planning and organizing to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- High level of attention to detail and knowledge of the customer's specification requirements as well as a thorough understanding of the end use of the product and the manufacturing processes used to make the product
- A high level of knowledge of products offered, material requirements, and methods used to meet these requirements efficiently
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Business, Marketing, Construction Management, or Project Management
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment or with a manufacturing company in a customer service capacity is preferred
- Ability to understand and analyze engineering details, project plans, and specifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP Preferred)
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM is a plus
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Solidworks and/or Inventor is a plus
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.