19845 US Hwy 76 Newberry South Carolina 29108
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Material Handler position in the Shipping/Receiving department. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will unload and bundle poles per customer orders. Additionally, you will...
- Unload poles from the conveyor or buggies and bundle per order
- Proper banding of pole bundles
- Check poles for damage and repair or correct if required
- Maintain proper housekeeping at all times
- Assist the Material Handler IV in shipping or receiving when necessary
- Maintain tools and supplies needed for the area
- Follow all standard and/or prescribed safety regulations
- Follow all standard operating procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Load/Unload trucks
- Receive Incoming Parts
What it takes
- Ability to use and read tape measures, gauges, hand and portable power tools
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, use hand and arms to reach, push, pull stoop, kneel and lift up to 70 lbs. without assistance.
- Work outside in all weather conditions (heat, cold or rain)
- Forklift license
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must exhibit a strong sense of self-motivation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and independently
- Ability to interpret and follow written and verbal instructions
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.