2045 Westgate Dr Carrollton Texas 75006-6478
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
Valmont Site Pro 1 is looking for a highly driven and talented Purchasing Agent that will be responsible for the procurement of materials and inventory management for all Site Pro 1 warehouse locations with the goal of satisfying customer needs. The Purchasing Agent responsibilities include, but are not limited to, planning and executing purchase orders, expediting orders as needed, vendor management, and sourcing of new or existing product. This role can be located in any Site Pro 1 location - - - Carrollton, TX - Atlanta, GA - Hauppauge, NY - Plymouth, IN - Columbus, NE - Tampa, FL - Salem, OR - Jupiter, FL.
- Determine and maintain inventory at sufficient levels
- Assist in developing purchasing strategies
- Maintain positive relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Analyze on-hand and reorder quantities, making necessary changes or recommendations to correct problem items
- Coordinate with internal teams regarding their supply needs
- Facilitate and be accountable for the procurement of, coordination of, and delivery of all products, material and paperwork of assigned jobs from vendors
- Expedite delivery of past due or moved-up purchase orders
- Work with suppliers to resolve shipment discrepancies or quality issues
- Obtain quotations for new items from approved suppliers
- Source new vendors and/or capabilities to execute the constantly changing industry demands
- Make recommendations for process improvements/techniques within the material acquisition process.
- Assists warehouses with inventory discrepancies and reconciliation
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High school diploma with 4+ years of relevant work experience or Associates Degree.
- Minimum (1) year material planning or purchasing/buying experience
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word) Skills
- Ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner and be an integral part of a team environment
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with the ability to solve complex problems with high attention to detail
- Strong math skills
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain or other related field with 2+ years of material planning or purchasing/buying experience
- Experience in Telecommunications industry
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.