28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position
The primary responsibility of the Material Handler is to ensure product and parts are transported (using industrial motorized equipment) to the proper storage or work locations in a fast paced environment while maintaining employee and equipment safety. This position will utilize a computer system to locate part numbers and update inventory accurately.
- Load and unload various types of materials and parts for internal and external customers
- Band, bundle, and package parts insuring minimum product damage
- Operate small hand tools such as tape measures, saws, drills, small riverters, banders and gas welding equipment
- Operate forklift, shag trucks, and side loader equipment
- Responsible for determining proper location of parts
- Ensuring inventory counts are accurate
- Work as a team and ensure a safe working environment
Other Important Details about the Role:
- This position reports to the Production Supervisor and has no direct reports
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and count accurately
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds with 20 pound objects being lifted repeatedly throughout the shift
- Ability to climb into the forklift, stoop, crouch and move about the shop and yard area
- Working knowledge of using e-mail
- Ability to work overtime when required for business needs
- Ability to operate overhead cranes (including cab-over mag crane), forklifts, shag trucks, side loaders and weigh counting scales.
- Ability to work with wood and small hand tools such as tape measures, saws, drills, small riverters, banders and gas welding equipment
- Strong analytical, problem solving, planning, communication, and follow-through skills
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple distractions
- Three (3) plus years of experience
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.