41 Wood St Estill South Carolina 29918
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding plan objectives of the work group. Including:
- SCOT (delivery)
- Burden Variance
- OSHA Rate
- Quality Occurrences
- Inventory Turns
- Manufacturing Expense per Recovered Hour
- Maintains production schedule and ensures quality standards are met.
- Oversee and ensure areas of responsibility are meeting customer requirements in a timely and logical manner.
- Communicates on a regular and discretionary basis, departmental, divisional, and company information to the hourly and salary employees.
- Provides direction and training for all department personnel.
- Establishes and maintains a high degree of morale and initiative in department employees.
- Ensures that all company policies are followed in respect to department employee matters such as discipline, performance evaluations, promotions, and terminations.
- Ensures that all equipment is operated in a safe and efficient manner consistent with company policy.
- Responsible for all aspects of ensuring a safe working environment
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
* High school education plus minimum 2 years group leader/ supervisory experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
* Excellent communication skills both written and oral
* Must be a self-motivated individual who pay close attention to detail
* Ability to manage multiple tasks within a fast-paced environment
* Ability to read and follow procedures and instructions
* Ability to use varying degrees of independent judgment and discretion
* Must be able to perform basic computer functions
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
* Ability to develop product knowledge and keep abreast of new product offerings
* Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
* Preferred Bachelors with 6+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 8+ years relevant experience or 10+ years of relevant experience.