600 W Reichmuth Rd Valley Nebraska 68064-0358
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Project Engineering Intern position on the Global Solar team. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will be an active participant in contributing to the goals of the design team, while learning best practices from some of the finest Engineers in the world. You will learn a tremendous amount in this role and will be given exposure to other parts of the business, including subject matter experts from a wide variety of divisions and professions.
Valmont's internship program mission is to provide a hands-on learning experience through project work, leadership development, job shadowing and interaction with senior leadership.
- Assist in implementing new processes and systems for managing product data and bills of materials
- Work with multiple teams inside the organization to gather data and manage project timelines
- Develop 2D and/or3D models and project documentation of solar tracking systems, including installation manuals and bills of materials
- Actively participate and recommend changes in design criteria, analysis methods, drafting procedures and developing new methods and procedures
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Enrolled in accredited university and actively pursuing a degree in a Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Civil Engineering
- Junior or senior standing with an anticipated graduation in the next 18 months
- CAD skills including the following: AutoCAD, 2D for solar field layouts. Experience in Solidworks would be a plus, work between the two programs is useful in this position.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint application
- Demonstrated strong communication interpersonal, verbal, written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated problem solving/critical thinking skills
- Great opportunity to gain career related course work experience from an industry leader
- Paid Internship - Valmont values you
- Potential development into a regular full-time position
- Flexible full-time day shift hours during the summer
- A thriving culture in a growing business
- Interactive group activities with intern peers
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.