28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
Valmont is seeking an Associate Scrum Master Intern to join the Irrigation division. The Associate Scrum Master intern will assist Scrum Masters and team members to track and communicate sprint/release progress, removing team impediments, as well as engaging in the practice of core agile principles: collaborations, prioritization, accountability and continuous improvement. This position will work closely with Scrum Masters and various levels of employees both internal and external to ensure an alignment of personnel and services with business priorities while creatively identifying solutions to enable Product Development to operate more effectively. Assist in maintaining a trusting and safe environment in which problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with emphasis on positive team dynamics and problem solving. Valmont's internship program mission is to provide a hands-on learning experience through project work, leadership development, job shadowing and interaction with senior leadership.
- Leadership skills with the ability to influence, build relationships and manage high priority items and adjust to shifting priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Contribute to a designated project or initiative to meet business objective
- Job shadow Scrum Master in team stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming and retrospectives
- Knowledge of JIRA or Teams is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile Development Methodology is a plus
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree or have graduated within the last year
- The ability to dedicate 20-25 hours a week
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Self-starter tendencies who enjoys coordinating and minding teams
- Process and detail driven mindset with effective time management skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and in writing to a wide variety of people
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
- Great opportunity to gain career related course work experience from an industry leader
- Paid Internship - Valmont values you
- Potential development into a regular full-time position
- Flexible full-time day shift hours during the summer
- A thriving culture in a growing business
- Interactive group activities with intern peers
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.