28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position
The primary responsibility of the Outside Shipper is to accurately pick, count, and pack parts for shipment to our customers. Outside Shipper 1 is the first step in a progressive line of shipping positions which enables employees to move into higher level positions as they gain experience and acquire additional skills. Responsibilities include operating a variety of material handling and packaging equipment in a safe and efficient manner. The Outside Shipper 1 will also be expected to maintain appropriate housekeeping and safety standards.
This is a full-time temporary assignment. Potential to extend or hire-on permanently will be based on business needs and performance.
3rd shift hours: 7:30 PM to 6:00 AM.
- Accurately picks, counts, packs and loads parts for shipment
- Operates the following equipment in a safe an efficient manner: forklift, overhead cranes, hand and banding tools, and saws
- Responds in a positive fashion to the direction of a shift supervisor or lead, participating in departmental/cell team functions
- Maintains housekeeping in the area
- Observes all safety rules to company standards
- Understands and complies with department quality procedures
- Reads order pick lists and recognizes major parts by sight (tires, gearbox, pipe, etc.)
- Works varying shifts as required for business needs
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, read, write, and count
- The ability to work with wood and small hand tools such as tape measures, saws and drills
- The ability to stand, bend, push, pull, climb, lift and move about the warehouse
- The ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds safely throughout the shift
- The ability to use e-mail
- The ability to work over ten hours a week in overtime when required for business needs
- The ability to operate overhead cranes, forklifts, straddle trucks, shag trucks, or weigh counting scales.
- An acceptable work history and attendance record
- Satisfactory safety record and must always be aware of others safety as well as their own
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Material handling and inventory experience
- Experience with banding equipment
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.