75 South Hwy 83 McCook Nebraska 69001-8569
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
The primary responsibility of the Shipper is to accurately pick, count, and pack parts for shipment to our customers. Shipper 1 is the first step in a progressive line of shipping positions which enables employees to move into higher level positions as they gain experience and acquire additional skills. Responibilities include operating a variety of material handling and packaging equipment in a safe and efficient manner. The Shipper 1 will also be expected to maintain appropriate housekeeping and safety standards.
- Responds in a positive fashion to the direction of a shift supervisor or lead, participating in departmental/cell team functions
- Accurately picks, counts and packs parts for shipment
- May need to operate the following equipment in a safe and efficient manner: forklift, order picker, hand and air driven banding and crimping tools, lift tables, small hand tools, vacu-lifts, weigh scales, air driven staple/nail guns, hand-held barcode scanners, computers, storage carousels, skin wrap machine, cable wrapping machines
- Maintains housekeeping and safety standards
- Demonstrates effective and proper communication skills, being a willing and effective team player
- Responsible for safety, productivity, quality, and personal behavior
- Recognize major parts to sight (most crateline and high volume parts)
- Work varying shifts as required for business needs
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, read, write, and count accurately
- A working knowledge of using e-mail
- The ability to work with wood and small hand tools such as tape measures, crimping tools, scales, banders, and air-driven staple/nail guns
- The ability to stand, bend, push, pull, climb, lift and walk
- The ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds frequently throughout the shift
- The ability to work over ten hours a week in overtime when required for business needs
Other Important Details about the Role:
- The ability to operate forklifts, shag trucks, or weigh counting scales
- An understanding of documents pertaining to packing and shipping of irrigation products
- An acceptable work history and attendance record
- Material handling and inventory experience
- A satisfactory safety record and constant awareness of others safety as well as their own
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.