28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position
The Hydraulic Press Operator is an individual contributor position in the Small Parts Department. We are looking for a driven individual that will operate, setup and program multiple hydraulic presses to produce high quality Valmont products.
This operator works under the direction of the Department Supervisor, but with minimum supervision and within the guidelines of established procedures. They also support the material control department with emphasis on inventory accuracy of the storeroom and the transfer of material to manufacturing and outside operating sources.
- Program machinery up to 30 steps
- Learn proper modes of calibration, loading and setup
- Calculate material thickness to form metal sheets using proper equipment
- Inspect product for material defects and notify quality assurance and/or lead or supervisor
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Ability to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the production environment
Important Details about the Role:
- Demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all Valmont safety policies and procedures
- Perform various other duties requested by the supervisor to ensure customer requests are met
- This position reports to the Small Parts department's Production Supervisor.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- No degree
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Learn IFS and machine operating program
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Develop a working knowledge and proper use of dies, punches, backstop and gauging fixtures
- Make mathematical calculations in preparing product or setting up the machinery
- Set up, operate, and perform general maintenance of equipment
- Pass the forklift test
- Accurately read and use a tape measure, compass , micrometer, mag level, protractor, versa gauge, and caliper
- Operate the basic functions of a personal computer
- Perform accurate and detailed quality inspections to verify that parts are manufactured to specification.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- One year of previous experience operating a hydraulic press
- One year of previous experience programming machinery
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and IFS
- One year of previous experience operating a forklift
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- Must have a high awareness of safety at all times
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.