3535 Halifax Road Petersburg Virginia 23805-1113
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Customer Service position in the Petersburg, Virginia Coatings site. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will work directly with our customers and provide excellent customer service with accepting and processing orders, and handling customer's complaints and questions. Position involves heavy telephone and email interaction. Also, working closely with other employees to resolve any issues concerning customer orders.
- Answer phone calls, greet visitors, and direct appropriately
- Respond to customer questions, concerns, and request
- Ability to deliver resolutions in a prompt, positive & professional manner
- Check in material and check out customer orders
- Process incoming customer orders using material list and printing order tags for production
- Review, input, and audit data with above-average attention to detail & accuracy
- Work daily with production to meet customer commitment request
- Help to expedite orders through shops to achieve on-time delivery of customers
- Provide frequent updates in regards to planned shipping & delivery dates
- Use software tools to create and administer the production schedule
- Seek daily communication from upstream departments to ensure product is correctly prioritized
- Audit all material quality before shipping
- Ensure proper flow of paperwork for certifications and inspections
- Notify customers when material is complete and ready for pickup
- Coordinate 3rd party freight and arranges special packaging or shipping requirements as requested by customers
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Demonstrate the Valmont core values: Passion, Integrity, Continuous Improvement and Deliver Results.
- Responsible for their own safety, and required to report any unsafe acts or conditions to the appropriate personnel
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of their work, including reporting & data accuracy
- Generate, print, and file various documents and reports
- Support other administrative tasks
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems and bring to management's attention
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook, plus the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software
- The ability to learn and adapt quickly to new computer programs
- Must have a pleasant and friendly "can do" attitude
- Possess knowledge of transportation terms & manufacturing processes
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, although most frequent lift is up to 10 pounds
- Ability to be exposed to outdoors elements for moderate durations of time
- Ability to wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when inside the production facility
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
- Experience in a similar role of 1-3 years
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- Minimum two to three years' experience in Customer Service in a service provider Company
- 3 plus months experience in a manufacturing, processing or construction environment
- Bilingual preferred English/Spanish
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting and on the shop floor. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. The incumbent is regularly required to walk and carry out duties on the shop floor and in the yard. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. While visiting the manufacturing areas of the plant, use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is required at all times. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.2021-07-30-07:00