1919 12th Street Williamstown New Jersey 08094
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position is serves as the principal environmental, health and safety professional at a Valmont manufacturing site. This position requires individual initiative on special projects to complete a wide variety of tasks that are part of Valmont's comprehensive EHS initiatives. This includes leading the activities of the site's environmental, health and safety related teams. The position will lead implementation of Valmont's Health and Safety Playbook and Environmental and Sustainability Playbook for the site. The EHS Coordinator must be able to align the site's EHS activities with Valmont's overall environmental, health and safety strategies. The incumbent is responsible to detect sub-standard EHS performance using leading and lagging indicators and take action in conjunction with appropriate site and division leadership teams. It is critical that the EHS Coordinator assists others in their growth and knowledge in Environmental Health and Safety practices. It is expected that the EHS Coordinator interacts with site production employees to identify and control hazards that can result in harm.
- Reports directly to then General Manager, with matrixed reporting to the Regional Safety Manager
- Assist the creation of annual, site-specific environmental, health and safety targets and objectives for the site in order to measurably reduce exposure to the to the site's most significant health and safety risks and environmental impacts.
- Identifies action-based EHS goals for site leadership team members and supervisors to support achievement of site-specific EHS targets and objectives.
- Function as the site level expert in the company's Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) database to manage data related to health and safety events such as injuries, workers compensation claims, near miss incidents and internal and external inspections.
- Manages implementation of the Valmont' global safety and environmental standards which includes, but is not limited to, Hazardous Energy Control/Lockout, Confined Space Entry and Waste Storage.
- Assist the deployment of environmental, health and safety teams (e.g., Safety Committee, Green Team, etc.) and facilitates their engagement in ownership of the activities required to maintain compliance, reduce the site's environmental footprint and drive continuous improvement.
- Assist with development and maintenance of training processes to ensure that required environmental, health and safety training is defined, addresses required content and is tracked to completion.
- Assist with data collection, reporting and permit submittals for multi-media environmental regulatory requirements.
- Serves as the site's initial point-of-contact with national and local environmental, health and safety regulatory agencies.
- Successful completion of the Valmont EHS Coordinator curriculum within 12 months of hire
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Daily engagement with employees on the floor to foster a cooperative safety program
- Conduct all safety meetings and safety committee meeting
- Collects and enters data for of all safety contacts and hazard identifications
- Performs accident and near miss investigations, determine root cause and implement appropriate countermeasures
- Collects and enters data for all environmental regulatory requirements
- Manage waste storage area, including record keeping, tracking and disposal
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High School diploma and 5+ years of work/educational experience or s Degree with 2+ years' experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- The ability to work in a cooperative manner and communicate effectively in a positive manner with all levels of the organization
- The ability to read, interpret and develop safety policies, procedures, training materials and standard operating instructions and procedural manuals
- Successful completion of Valmont Coatings EHS Curriculum within 12 months
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-2 years of experience in manufacturing
- Experience using Lean methodology in a manufacturing environment
- Experience utilizing and maintaining Environmental Health and Safety database programs
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
The primary working conditions for this position is a manufacturing shop environment with exposure to dirt, grease, fumes, cold, heat, noise, dust. There will also be times when the EHS Coordinator works in an office environment. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses and hard hats may be required in most manufacturing areas and it is the EHS Coordinator's responsibility to ensure that all people (employees, vendors, customers, visitors) are in conformance with all safety requirements and that all employees are enforcing the safety requirements consistently and without exception. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.