1100 Maple St Bristol Indiana 46507
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position oversees all operations at the site, including full Profit/Loss (P/L) responsibility for the site, all physical and human resources, strategic development, planning, execution and tactical direction, marketing and sales, budgeting and capital utilization, business expansion and new construction. Responsible to direct and coordinate activities of the organization to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximizing profits through delegating authority to key functional area employees. Will autonomously manage operations by giving guidance and direction to all key functional area managers and supervisors.
Responsible for the operating performance, material control and manufacturing functions which may include the full range of activities and processes, employee safety, purchasing, production planning, scheduling, dispatching, receiving, shipping, logistics, material handling, inventory control. Will work with all groups and will hold responsibility for site's overall quality and operational excellence as well as prioritizing site-engineering tasks. The GM is responsible to ensure a lean manufacturing environment, including standardized operating procedures, continuous improvements and delivery of improved business results. The GM must seek to standardize and optimize operations and procedures so that best practices are easily transferable to other Concrete sites.
* This position reports into the Director of Concrete and has several direct and indirect reports
* This role requires up to 15% travel (internationally/domestically), including overnight stays
* Ensure business unit goals are met by working with the Commercial Department establishing sales and manufacturing goals, standardizing procedures and practices and ensuring that department heads are accountable to achieve these results.
* Promote organization in industry, manufacturing or trade associations. Demonstrate a commitment to the Valmont Safety Mission Statement and Corporate Safety's "Safety by Objectives (SBO's)" process by performing the following:
o Providing support and resources to complete 100% of the site SBO plan.
o Participating in quarterly review of SBO plan.
o Conducting annual safety performance review of site facilities and management team.
o Following Leader Standard Work including conducting site safety audits annually.
o Ensure the site management team completes annual supervisor safety performance evaluations and provides feedback to the supervisor team.
o Participating in quarterly safety/workers compensation claim reviews.
* Lead the site's effort to be the innovative market leader by driving unsurpassed services and applications into production areas in order to meet the needs and to exceed the expectations of the customer. Participate in sales and customer contact and follow-up both proactively, as necessary.
* Ensure the profitability of the site by directing and monitoring activities to achieve satisfactory operation and growth performance as measured in terms of return on investment, profit margins, manufacturing and labor costs and increased sales volume.
* Ensure the sound financial position of the site by overseeing the development of annual operating budgets of costs and expenses and collaborate in the development and presentation of strategic plans, long-range plans and annual operating plans. Direct and coordinate promotion of services performed to develop new markets, increase share of market and obtain competitive position in industry.
* Ensure a safe working environment by overseeing and directing appropriate action on all matters related to personal health and safety of employees and of the environment so that all safety and environmental regulations are met or exceeded.
* Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations issued by local, state and federal regulatory agencies in all areas to include employment, wage per hour, affirmative action, etc.
* Oversee physical condition of facility and direct maintenance through a systematic program of repairs or through initiation of fixed capital requests when this action is economic or appropriate.
* Develop and maintain human capital capable of achieving objectives through appropriate structuring, staffing, developing, appraising and rewarding. Develop key employee talents necessary to obtain short- and long-range goals by effective direction, counseling, and training. Develop plan to reduce turnover and retain employees.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
* Preferred Bachelors with 10+ years of relevant experience or Associates Degree with 12+ years relevant experience or 15+ years of relevant experience to the business.
* Must have a minimum of ten (10) years of proven leadership performance (progressive positions of responsibility) in the direction of a multi-unit or multi-department organization with full Profit/Loss Leadership experience
* Ability to understand, oversee and give directions in financial analysis needed to evaluate potential business endeavors
* The incumbent must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; and the ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
* The incumbent must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw timely/valid conclusions. The incumbent must also have the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* The incumbent must have excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills and work well with others. The incumbent must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite products (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook), Workday, Workforce and ADP. A good understanding of site accounting software and other programs as appropriate to the business is desirable.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
* B.S. in Manufacturing, Business, Technology, or related field is preferred.
* Master's Degree
* Prior experience as a Plant Manager of a manufacturing facility
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in a manufacturing plant environment and the incumbent needs to be able to move about the office and production environments. There is often exposure to conditions such as dust, dirt, heat, fumes, and cold as well as noise levels above 80 decibels. Many aspects of this role are physical and the incumbent has to be able to lift up to 50 lbs. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The incumbent is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel, as well as balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.