25010 Alliance Dr Claremore Oklahoma 74017
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
Welds metal components together to fabricate or repair products according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders, using brazing and variety of arc and gas welding equipment. A thorough knowledge of welding procedures and practices are essential to ensure the quality of the product.
- Fuses (welds) metal structural components together by means of multiple forms of Gas Metal Arc Welding and Submerged Arc Welding processes in the fabrication of Steel electrical poles, substations and other structures
- In addition to performing hand welding and Sub arc welding, the welder may be required to lay out guidelines or mark on metal parts and may cut metal with a cutting torch or hand plasma cutter.
- Performs welding operations requiring most of the following: planning and layout, working from blueprints and drawings or other specifications; requires a knowledge of welding properties of a variety of metals; setting up work and determining operation sequences; welding objects involving critical safety and load requirements; working in a variety of positions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Graduate from an accredited trade school for welding.
- Successful completion of an internal welding test.
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of welding symbols and procedures and must be AWS D1.1 certified in GMAW 1G, 2F, GMAW-P 3G Vertical Down and SAW 1G, 2F.
- Interpretation of blue prints, including weld requirement symbology.
- Working knowledge of fixturing and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.)
- Ability to calculate formulas using basic mathematics and standard U.S. and Metric Measurements.
- At the end of 90 Calendar days the candidate must be able to maintain an acceptable level of production, quality and attendance as determined by Management.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.