28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
Brief Summary of This Position:
This position creates the Lean Journey Playbook for the organization following TPS Lean as Valmont's primary lean methodology.
Establishes training/events/standards and tools for the organization with emphasis on cross-pollination. Establishes Lean Culture throughout the organization following Shingo methodology as Valmont's primary lean culture model. Mentors and develops talent along the Lean journey, providing guidance in their strategic roles. Provides tools and techniques for driving a Lean Culture to include servant leadership, grassroots engagement, goals and targets, continuous communications requirements. Creates and executes the Valmont Lean Assessment process. Provides over-arching forums in the format of Lean Conferences, P&R's, benchmarking trips, and other educational experiences. Provides site level guidance for mandatory lean training for leaders and personally manages site leader cohort training. Provides guidance and support for lean rotational program(s)
* Establishes Lean Culture throughout the organization following Shingo methodology as Valmont's primary lean culture model.
* Facilitate and coach Lean events, coordinate Lean activities, including acting as a liaison between teams, support groups, management, and other functional areas, removing obstacles that may affect Valmont's global performance
* Lead Valmont in development and improvement of business processes, architecture, requirements, change management and metrics
* Promote and facilitate diagnosis of work flow impediments and other waste throughout Valmont and provide counsel on appropriate tools to eliminate them
* Define and facilitate improvement activities based on 'Plan-Do-Check-Act/Adjust' (PDCA) methodology and in accordance with the Lean Roadmap
* Drive improvement in, and quality of, relevant discipline standards and practices to continually increase the value to the customer
* Calculate and maintain Lean-related measures, maintain records, maintain visual boards, and communicate data to relevant teams
* Maintain appropriate professional competencies, certifications, licenses, etc., necessary to perform job
* Mentor and develop talent at all levels in Lean techniques, leadership, and culture
* Preferred Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 10+ years of experience in manufacturing and engineering environments
* Prior experience in Lean Leadership role expected
* A professional Lean Certification and commitment to continuous Lean learning
* Expert in Lean Manufacturing and experience in program management including knowledge of Best Practices in strategy deployment, project execution, and implementation
* Demonstrated experience effectively managing others while facilitating and delivering results to a business
* A solid understanding of Lean principles and methodology
* The ability to perform math calculations required by Lean methodology including basic algebra
* Effective facilitation skill set for interaction with all levels of the organization.
* Advanced skills in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
* Strong command skills (Leadership) and effective at motivating and managing vision and purpose
* The ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Aptitude of making decisions involving varied levels of risk and ambiguity
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail in a collaborative work environment
* A broad knowledge of the material, costs, techniques and processes used within the manufacturing industry
* The ability to travel domestically up to 50% of the year
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
* MBA or MS Technical degree preferred
* Knowledge of Lean tools and principles
* CNC Programming experience is desirable
* Knowledge of AISC, ISO, or AWS D1.1 requirements
* The ability to work independently and in a team environment, building relationships with all levels of employees
* A customer-focused, result and change leader for Valley that can move the change process forward
* Mentor, coach teams to find a way forward in ambiguous situations
* Ability to organize and manage multiple, simultaneous priorities and meet aggressive deadlines
* Strong leadership, problem solving, and planning skills
* Facilitation/coaching experience at TPM events, Standard Work events, SMED events, RCAs, manufacturing and administrative value stream improvement projects
* The ability to create a self-sustaining culture of continuous improvement where all employees are treated with mutual respect, their ideas and contributions are recognized and valued
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Normal office environment makes up approximately 50% of the job while around 50% of the work is located out in the storage, shipping and production areas of the manufacturing site. When working in the production areas the employee will be subjected to welding smoke, noise, seasonal temperature changes, dirt, oil, coolant, and many other conditions found in a production environment. Working extended hours may be required to meet the demands of the business (e.g., support for production, troubleshooting, meeting project deadlines). Approximately 75% travel is required and will be primarily domestic but can include international trips on occasion. Approximately 65% of the tasks are sedentary. There may be times when employee is required to stand all day. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to type and design. There may be some mechanical and/or electrical work involved when working with machines and tooling. For the most part, the physical effort level is considered light. Reaching hands and arms above shoulder height while working in the office or plant may be required. The employee is frequently required to move about the office or plant. There are areas of the plant that cannot be accessed by elevator and the employee may need to occasionally visit those locations. There may be off-site visits and the employee is expected to get him/herself to the venue. The employee may have to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, but this is a rare requirement of this position. A dolly, forklifts and hoists are available for transportation of heavier items. Specific vision abilities important for this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color identification and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.