One Valmont Plaza Omaha Nebraska 68154-5215
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The main function of this Individual Contributor position will be to Optimize, Standardize and Leverage the functionality of Salesforce and Business Systems and integrate into the business process to achieve improved efficiency for all stakeholders. Key activities will include Design, Development and Implementation of Salesforce and other business subsystems. Analyze project requirements, develop effort estimates, task dependencies and provide technical support. Lead major cross functional projects. Perform feasibility analysis. Collaboration across the Global IT organization for any new application development or module deployment.
- This position reports to the Program Manager Business Analyst and has no direct or indirect reports
- This role requires up to (10%) travel (internationally/domestically), including overnight stays
- Lead cross functional projects with complex and challenging business problems that can have a broad organization impact and provide opportunities for significant competitive advantage
- Elicits, analyzes, specifies, and validates the business needs of stakeholders
- Manages and tracks the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary
- Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood
- Leads activities by coordinating systems integration and end user testing including planning, building, scheduling, facilitating execution, issues resolution, controlling scope, and adjusting to unforeseen issues
- Must have leadership skills with the ability to influence, build relationships and manage high priority items and adjust to shifting priorities while meeting deadlines
- Must have the ability to see, account for, and coach others in the "big picture" as well as the details and to be able to tie initiatives to Corporate Goals
- Apply Agile development methodologies and understanding of SCRUM Master role
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Apply technology to business processes with goal to Optimize, Leverage, Standardize use of Business Systems
- Identify and document current and future business processes
- Identify and document gaps between current and future business processes
- Analyze and translate user requirements into functional requirements, technical design and development projects
- Conduct and Validate training and preparation for end users/stakeholders
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT project activities
- Collaborate and coordinate to ensure system user or customer is fully involved at each stage of system project to help insure the accuracy of the solution
- Perform feasibility, efficiency, economic, and organizational analysis to evaluate system alternatives for cost and bottom line impact throughout the development cycle
- Perform project management including task identification, effort and duration estimates, task dependencies and sequencing, critical path analysis, resource assignment and evaluation, conflict and problem resolution
- Keep abreast of and apply best practices in process design and system usage
- Committed to provide quality systems and services to both internal and external customers
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Implementation of business systems and applications requires a broad understanding of business problems and the definition and evaluation of alternative solutions. Solutions must consider feasibility and organizational impacts. Functional specification and implementation plan is developed and maintained.
- The incumbent should have a sound understanding of the systems analysis and design as to understand the business requirements and provide a solutions leveraging IT Business Systems at a reasonable cost.
- The incumbent is given complex and challenging business problems that can provide opportunities for significant competitive advantage.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Preferred Bachelors with 5+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 7+ years of relevant experience or 9+ years of relevant experience
- Understanding of overall Business Systems functionality and usage
- Understanding of project management principles
- Ability to conduct and direct research into functionality and products to deploy as required
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite products
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical and evaluative abilities
- Demonstrated effectiveness in problem solving situations, good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong leadership skills
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Working knowledge OR the ability to develop familiarity with Salesforce platform, including Lightning components
- Utilize SFDC development tools to build functionalities within Salesforce
- Experience with work management tools such as JIRA
- IIBA Certification
- SCRUM Certification
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Domestic and international travel up to 10% with overnight stays required for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.