6123 Cunningham Rd Houston Texas 77041
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
- Leading, organizing and staffing the maintenance department with competent maintenance personnel capable of producing desired results for the support of plant operations.
- Manage the full scope of projects for all equipment rebuilds or installs at the facility and stay within budget and on-time.
- Develop subordinates to enable them to meet objectives and standards of performance required for meeting department, divisional and corporate goals and objectives.
- Delegate duties and responsibilities to subordinates to obtain the maintenance goals and objectives and to assure that all duties are adhered to in the course of day-to-day maintenance through standard work.
- Provide direction, training and counsel subordinates to enable them to attain personal development for maximum effectiveness and growth.
- Participate in department functions, such as Lean teams, Safety, Peer Review, and Employee Training.
- Play a lead role at the site to identify opportunities in the process and facilitate improvements through problem solving to optimize plant performance.
- Help identify wastefulness in the production process and develop systems to eliminate them.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Must be company trained and authorized to operate powered industrial trucks, aerial platforms and bridge cranes.
- Must be company trained and authorized in arc flash safety, confined space entry, hazardous energy control and fall protection.
- Move parts and materials around the facility weighing up to 50 pounds by hand although most frequent lift is up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to climb and work from ladders, aerial platforms, bridge cranes, and roofs in excess of 80 feet.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and work at times in a non-temperature controlled environment, as well as some exposure to outdoors.
Valmont Industries, Inc.