28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
The fabricator responds in a positive fashion to the direction of a department supervisor, lead person and/or cell leader, setting up and operating production machines. The incumbent also loads and unloads material, ensuring piece/part integrity. All department equipment and machinery needs to be operated in a safe and efficient manner. The Fabricators complete all types of shop forms including move tags, inspection verification tags, employee volume control sheets, and employee communication sheets. This position requires use of safety guarding apparel including safety glasses, metatarsal boots, and hearing protection. Fabricator 1 may be called upon to operate a forklift provided they are qualified and certified under Valmont's training program.
Training will occur on dayshift before moving to evening shift. This is a temporary assignment with potential to convert based on business needs and performance of incumbent.
Training hours: Monday-Thursday 5 am - 3:30 pm
Evening shift hours: Monday-Thursday 3:30 pm - 2 am
- Production machine set ups
- Production of parts to engineering standard times
- Production of parts to acceptable quality levels and blueprint specification
- Transporting materials from storage locations to work stations with timeliness and accuracy
- Measure, cutting, and designing materials to customer and product specifications
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Strong working knowledge of all measurements found on a tape measure
- Ability to stand and move about the shop floor for at least half of the shift
- Ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds frequently throughout the shift
- Ability to work over ten hours a week in overtime when required for business needs
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple distractions
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Proficiently use thread gauges, micrometers, protractors and dial calipers
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints or process sheets in a professional environment
- Experience in fabrication or manufacturing environment
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.