75 South Hwy 83 McCook Nebraska 69001-8569
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position
The primary responsibility of the Kit Pack Assembler is to accurately pick, count, and pack parts for shipment to our customers. Responsibilities include operating a variety of material handling and packaging equipment in a safe and efficient manner. The Kit Pack Assembler will also be expected to maintain appropriate housekeeping and safety standards.
- Accurately pick, count, and pack parts for shipment
- Participate in departmental/cell functions under the direction of a shift supervisor or department lead
- Perform instructions via cue cards
- Maintain appropriate housekeeping standards in assigned work area
- Wear all required PPE and comply with all safety policies and standards
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- The ability to add, subtract, read, write, and count accurately
- The ability to work with small hand tools such as tape measures and electronic scales
- The ability to stand, bend, push, pull, climb, lift and walk
- The ability to safely lift up to 20 pounds frequently throughout the shift
- An understanding of documents pertaining to packing and shipping of irrigation products
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand plainly written documents in English such as order pick lists, and part orders. Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions.
- Do simple math (add, subtract whole numbers).
- Use a calculator
- Use a computer
Job Training Skill Development
Employees with the above mentioned educational background and skills have to be able to successfully perform 5 of the following 22 essential functions of this job. The 5 tasks can be learned in approximately 2 years. Previous related work experience could shorten the training time.
Job Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Kit pack pick and pack
- Kit pack stocker
- Kit pack skin pack
- Packing sockets and traps (Crateline boxing)
- Forklift and box crusher training
- Making small parts on Cable Cut 3 machine
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.