1100 North Ohio St Salina Kansas 67401-2403
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
This position manages and is accountable for the sales activities of the organization in the market areas served by the Salina Galvanizing plant. This position works with the site General Manager to establish the parameters of the sales
effort for the organization including sales policy and pricing initiatives.
- Prepare periodic sales reports for upper management analyzing sales volumes and pricing by customer
- Ensure all customer communications and orders are promptly and accurately attended to
- Analyze market and customer data to determine volume potential, possible customers, and types of material
- Ensure all internal operation employees receive detailed processing and quality expectation requirements for incoming orders
- Take appropriate action to resolve all customer service concerns
- Develop and maintain a confidential customer profile on each account
- Coordinate and develop sales presentations to educate others about the value of galvanizing
- Visit customers locations to build relationships
- Visit customer locations to view and discuss product
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
* Preferred Bachelors with 3+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 5+ years relevant experience or 7+ years of relevant experience
* Valid Driver's License and safe driving record
* Ability to effectively interpret and present information both one-on-one and in front of an audience
* Ability to calculate basic math concepts to calculate per piece charges, order totals, discounts, proportions, and interest charges
* Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
* Ability to travel locally, approximately 50% (day runs primarily; some overnights maybe needed)
* Able to communicate with and work well with people at all levels of the organization both internally and externally
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing or related field
* A proven record of exceptional sales performance both in increased existing business and new business sales development
* The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
* Talented and skilled at working collaboratively within the organization
* Three to five years Operational Management experience
* Lean Manufacturing Background/Supervisory
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. This position will require the employee to lift up to 50 pounds.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.