1545 Pidco Drive Plymouth Indiana 46563-1354
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position
The Welder position is an individual contributor in the Plymouth site. This person must be a highly driven individual that will weld metal and/or aluminum components together to fabricate or repair products according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders using a variety of welding equipment.
- Fuse or weld metal structural components together by means GMAW arc welding in the fabrication of communication towers, components and overhead sign structures
- Perform welding operations requiring a limited amount of planning of work from blueprints or other written specifications and determine operation sequence
- Utilize all safety devices and wear all mandatory personal protective safety equipment
- Adjust welding equipment to its prescribed settings
- Maintain and operate production tooling and fixtures as well as all welding equipment in a safe and secure manner
- Read and complete labor reporting system, standard shop forms and blueprints
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
Important Details about the Role
- The employee is responsible for own work.
- Must be able to work with other employees to complete job.
- Setup, operate, and perform general maintenance of equipment without difficulty.
- Make mathematical calculations in preparing product or setting up the machinery.
- Read and decipher blue prints and flat sheets without assistance and use them to properly weld scheduled.
- The employee must maintain safe and productive work environment producing a quality product which is shipped complete and on time to satisfy the needs of the customer.
- The employee has a direct impact on safety, quality, productivity, TME (total manufacturing expenses), and customer satisfaction.
- This position reports to the Production Supervisor.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- The ability to calculate simple mathematics and interpret shop drawings.
- Basic working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Outlook or similar email software.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have an acceptable attendance and prior employment record
- One (1) to three (3) year of previous, hands-on MIG welding experience in a production environment
- Multi-pass, stack layering welding experience
- Ability to operate overhead cranes, prior experience preferred
- Ability to read weld symbols and understand blueprints
- Must be able to use and accurately read a tape measure
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- Must be a person of passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility safety regulations.
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of previous experience in a professional welding position
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
- AWS certified welder operator qualification
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times.
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results.
- Able to do basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division and fraction conversion)
- Able to read and comprehend routings and blueprints
- Able to use a tape measure
- Able to use a computer to enter production date, perform time keeping functions, interface with machines and other equipment
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.