2411 Pilot Knob Road Mendota Heights Minnesota 55120-1119
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position is accountable for monitoring and maintaining an effective and efficient accounts receivable system. Also providing support to accountants and other financial workers.
- Maintain existing customer files in Visual Shop
- Perform credit searches on new customers, evaluate and advise them of the results
- Monitor credit status of existing customers
- Maintain a sales and cash journal to coincide with Visual shop numbers
- Post the back deposits to the customers' accounts
- Generate all necessary credit memos
- Make and keep a record of collection calls to delinquent customers
- Perform various month end closing procedures
- Responsible for maintaining current records of collected payments, sent invoices, and updated customer information.
Other Important Details about the Role:
- This position reports directly to the Office Manger
- Research and fix billing errors. Issue debit or credit terms to resolve errors. When needed, work with other staff to get needed documents and respond to customer requests outside of a normal billing period.
- Prepare invoices, receipts and checks by entering details into a company's financial system
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Two years of experience in accounts receivable. Accounting or bookkeeping background.
- Meticulously accurate abilities to calculate, post, and manage necessary accounting figures and financial records.
- Exceptional data entry skills and aptitude for working with numbers
- The ability to work in a cooperative manner and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results.
- Invoicing staff communicates with vendors, clients, and other staff to resolve billing inaccuracies, need excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; able to prioritize duties.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to support divisional business objectives
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and heights and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.2021-03-13-08:00
Valmont Industries, Inc.