1100 North Ohio St Salina Kansas 67401-2403
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Shipping-Receiving Clerk position in the Global Coatings Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will track inventory of incoming and outgoing product as well as inspect for damage and defect to ensure a high quality finished product.
* Identify materials being loaded and unloaded to ensure proper storage
* Ensure all material is properly labeled and accounted for
* Read Customer Orders, Work Orders, Shipping Orders, or Requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed/shipped
* Advise warehouse crew of load amounts, and provide instructions for incorrect amounts
* Double check quality and piece counts on loads prior to shipment
* Operate Forklift in a safe and secure manner
* Wear required Personal Protective Equipment and follow facility safety regulations
* Perform other clerical tasks such as typing correspondence, and maintaining filing system.
* Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times and perform general housekeeping of area
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate:
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent
* The ability to pay attention to detail and follow written and verbal work instructions
* The ability to accurately read a tape measure
* The ability to lift up to 50 pounds
* The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Outlook
* Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
* One year of previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
* One year of previous experience working in a warehouse
* One year of previous experience operating a Forklift in a professional environment
The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
The employee is continually exposed to a working environment consisting of smoke and irritating particulate impurities, acid fumes from pickling tanks, and large quantities of windblown dust and ash produced as by-product to the process. In addition, the nature of the industry results in extreme heat in the summer (typically 10-15 degrees above outdoor temperature), and melting snow off of incoming material results in damp, cold working conditions in the winter. The winter conditions are doubly hard to manage. The average employee dresses to be comfortable while doing his / her assigned task, and in doing so, subjects him / herself to chilling and cold as large fluctuations in temperature are brought about by the moving of material in and out of the facility.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.