28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
The Electrical Assembler Temp will be a highly motivated and talented incumbent responsible for assembling modules, pivot panels and various parts to meet blue print specifications. They will also perform inspections of components and parts for defects prior to assembly. The incumbent will aggressively work as part of the production team to meet department goals and customer requirements while ensuring that department goals are met. The incumbent will also be a vital part of ensuring safe working practices are followed at all times and will be accountable for performing daily TPM's (Total Preventive Maintenance).
This is a full-time temporary assignment. Potential to extend or hire-on permanently will be based on business needs and performance.
- Operate various types of hand and air tools including saws and wire terminating machines
- Operate jib crane and hoist
- Read and accurately follow production blueprints, technical manuals and instructions
- Visually inspect components for defects prior to assembly
- Performs continuity tests
- Responsible for writing reject, move, and shortage tags
- Initiative to make suggestions which will improve efficiency in operating the machines and/or parts production
- Participating in lean improvements and other team projects
- Ability to bend and pivot as well as lift, push and pull objects weighing 25 pounds throughout the shift.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Ability to read and accurately follow production blueprints, technical manuals and instructions
- Experience using hand tools in a professional environment
- Experience performing mathematical calculations in preparing product or setting up electrical equipment
- Ability to accurately use a tape measure and calculator
- Proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work up to 10 hours of overtime per week when required by business needs.
- Experience working with Lean Manufacturing methodology
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Prior wiring or electrical experience
- Electrical troubleshooting experience
- Strong working knowledge of QAD
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy while working in a fast paced environment with multiple distractions
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.