3403 Charlotte Ave Elkhart Indiana 46517-1150
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Shipper position. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will prepare company products for shipment. Additionally, you will...
- Inspect to ensure that products meet established quality standards and quantities are correct for each order
- Perform final machining, finishing, and assembly operations on aluminum poles
- Perform drilling, painting and component installation on aluminum poles
- Bundle, crate, box and wrap products to be shipped to protect the finished product from freight damage Load truck with finished product
What it takes
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year experience working in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to accurately perform basic arithmetic calculations
- Ability to read and work with prints, drawings and work documents
- Ability to accurately take measurements using close tolerance measuring instruments
- Acceptable attendance and prior employment record
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- Familiarity with radial saws, hand tools, overhead cranes and general shop safety
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.