28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
**THIS IS AN ON-CALL POSITION**
A Brief Summary of This Position:
Valmont is currently seeking a highly driven individual contributor who will ensure the products we manufacture, inspect, and receive meet or exceed quality requirements of the customer and Valmont. This individual will learn the methods used to thoroughly inspect for fit, form and function requirements, based on industry standards and customer specific guidelines.
- Conduct Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) using the following methods: ultrasonic, magnetic particle, visual, dimensional and dye penetrant
- Ensure correct assembly of fabricated materials by dimensional checks and visual inspection of welds
- Interpret reports for NDT and pass or reject materials according to quality acceptance
- Record testing and inspection information on the required inspections sheets, production cards, and computer reports
- Have the authority to reject material or stop work processes to minimize financial loss and risk of customer dissatisfaction
- Maintain a safe and productive work environment, as well as high standard of quality
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Work timely and expeditiously to deliver an on-time result without errors
- Prioritize work in order to complete deadlines
- Identify and communicate maintenance or product problems
- Work and communicate effectively and efficiently with employees, supervisors, management, and customers
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
- This position reports to the Senior Project Manager and has no direct or indirect reports
- This role requires heavy travel (60-95%), including overnight stays, to the location of specified projects
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High School diploma and 4+ years of work/educational experience or Associates Degree
- Read, write and perform basic math functions such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
- Perform NDT Inspections accurately and calibrate related equipment
- Must be certified in Magnetic Particle Testing
- Must be certified in Ultrasonic Testing
- Must be knowledgeable of welding fabrication processes
- Read and interpret production drawings, specifications and codes
- Write routine reports and correspondence
- Pay attention to detail and follow written and verbal instructions
- The ability to work with minimal supervision
- Lift up to 50 pounds with most frequent lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment and work in conditions exposed to outdoor temperatures in the production facility
- Must have an acceptable attendance and prior employment record
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Associates Degree or Certificate in Non-Destructive Testing
- Two years of previous experience in a welding or inspection environment
- Current AWS CWI (American Welding Society Welding Inspectors) certification
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
This job is performed in an indoor environment. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. The temperature can range from 60 degrees in the winter to over 100 degrees in the summer. This can be a noisy environment with sound levels above 80 decibels. Ear plugs should be worn. Safety glasses and metatarsal safety boots are required at all times in certain work areas. The employee must be able to spend an entire shift in a shop environment, when required. The employee may be exposed to some type of disagreeable working conditions such as cold, heat, dust, dirt, fumes, noise, vibration, or oil. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Work is occasionally performed in an office setting. The incumbent maybe required to sit for a period of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.