28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Steel Planner is responsible for executing material requirement forecasting as well as providing support to sales around steel requirements and inventory controls. The incumbent will perform raw material purchasing functions for Valley Irrigation and Tubing divisions. Through MRP, inventory management and purchasing procedures and policies, the incumbent will provide sound business practices and decisions. The Steel Planner will provide current steel business developments and implement necessary changes to respond to the dynamic nature of purchasing, production and inventory control. The incumbent will form and continue relationships with current and new business partners as well as both internal and external customers.
- Execute long-range material requirements.
- Monitors and communicates issues with open sales orders; past due, current due; future due and back-orders
- Manages the preparation and coordination of shop floor production, schedules and movement of material between sequences an departments
- Monitor, analyze, and report actual and forecasted customer backlog.
- Analyze and provide adjustments to inventory records, coordinates error corrections and prevent future errors
- Maintain inventory Projection Report to identify and dispose of excess and obsolete inventory
- Review and identify issues associated with information flow, data collection, and existing computer systems
- This position reports into Plant Manager and does not have any direct or indirect reports
- This role requires up to 5%) travel), including overnight stays
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Serves as a back-up to the Scheduler/Planner
- Acts as a liason between various departments including but not limited to sales, production control, and vendors
- Provide recommendations and decisions while taking lead-time and production rates into account
- Serve as back up Assistant Scheduler as needed
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Associates degree with 3+ years of service or 5+ years of relevant experience
- Proven public relations skills both verbally and written
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven experience with production planning and scheduling
- Thorough understanding of MRP (Material Requirements Planning) along with inventory management.
- Attention to detail along with ability to follow up on items or issues
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management or relevant field
- Working knowledge of QAD, Radley, Cyyberquery and Access
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.