28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position
This incumbent supports the receiving yard activities of receiving, storing and issuing materials. Responsibility will include unloading various types of materials and purchased parts in a safe and timely manner. The incumbent will inspect various parts and match to blueprints or packing slips to verify part numbers, size etc. as well as inspect for damage and ensure proper processes and compliance standards are followed and report deficiencies to assure the highest possible revenue for Valmont. The incumbent will be responsible for operating various industrial equipment and tools to create the maximum efficiency for the department and company to move items to the correct storage location. The environment is fast-past, high volume and requires a strong attention to detail, accuracy and decision making capability. The incumbent will service various departments within Valmont thru this role.
1st shift hours: 7 am - 3:30 pm Monday-Friday.
- Match incoming parts to paper documents to verify part number, size, and quantity and inspect for damage.
- Operate material handling equipment including machines such as cranes, straddle truck, forklift and shag truck
- Provide accurate data entry into QAD/IFS regarding production location and inventory
- Operate industrial trucks or tractors equipped to move materials around a warehouse, storage yard or plant.
- Operate small hand tools-tape measures, saws, drills, riveters, banders and gas welding equipment
- Performs inspections of materials for proper stacking and loading and move tag accuracy.
- Performs audits within the storeroom
- Bands, bundles and packages parts using proper storage techniques
- Oversees the training of other Material Handlers
- Maintains good housekeeping and safety practices
- Assist within other areas of Valmont as needed
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- One to three years of professional work experience in a similar Material Handler position
- Working knowledge of forklift traffic regulations such as over height, over wide, and over weight
- Ability to operate small hand tools such as tape measures, saws, drills, banders and gas welding equipment
- Ability to climb in to the forklift, stoop, crouch and move about the shop and yard areas
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds and repeatedly lift 20 pounds throughout the shift
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions in the English language
- Ability to read specifications, bills of material, and simple blueprints
- Working knowledge of e-mail
- Strong analytical, problem solving, planning, communication, and follow through skills
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple distractions
- Ability to work over ten hours a week in overtime when required for business needs
- Ability to provide coverage for other Material Handler (3 pm to 1:30 am) occasionally when/as needed.
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- The ability to operate overhead cranes, forklifts, straddle trucks, shag trucks, side loaders and weigh counting scales
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.