28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Associate Aftermarket Product Support Specialist is responsible for supporting the aftermarket needs of Valmont Irrigation's network of dealers. The main focus of this role will be technical support for all Valley aftermarket parts and water application products. This includes the number one priority of fast and accurate dealer/customer technical support, premier customer service, establishing pricing in conjunction with the Aftermarket Analyst and Aftermarket Sales Manager, supporting marketing activities focused on growing the overall parts of the business at the rate defined in the annual operating plan and supporting product development activities in conjunction with the product managers that care for filling aftermarket product needs. At specific times, this position also helps support technical issues arising in new product development, promotional programs, product profitability, advertising, sales and operations planning, international new product technical requests, and internal and external communications. The incumbent supports in-house personnel including the customer experience team, equipment sales, technical service, accounting, engineering, product application, water application and marketing communications.
- Promptly responds to all phone calls and emails from external and internal customers regarding technical aftermarket, water application and sprinkler related requests
- Assist dealers and internal personnel in the use of VParts and VChart sprinkler program via phone, email, or online applications
- Provides input to the Aftermarket Sales Manager on what strategies/activities can be implemented to provide annual growth
- Assist in special projects as required or requested by Aftermarket Sales Manager
- Coordinates with the Aftermarket Sales Manager and the Irrigation Marketing dept. in the development of Aftermarket Marketing Programs that will create the necessary stimulus to ensure market share and profitability
- Assists the Aftermarket Sales Manager in the development and implementation of a yearly marketing plan for Aftermarket Sales
- Coordinates all marketing programs and technical communication issued from the factory with the aftermarket distribution centers
- Provides input into developing sales strategies to promote awareness of current and new products to increase parts sales
- Analyzes engineering change notices to determine parts requirements / pricing. Changes are to be communicated to the dealers
- Prepare and conduct educational programs for growers, dealers and other stakeholders concerning Valmont aftermarket products and their application
- Provides input for pre-season stocking programs for dealers that increases sales volume and offers higher customer satisfaction
- This position reports directly to the Aftermarket Sales Manager and has no direct reports and no indirect reports.
- This role requires up to 10% travel in the United States and Canada, including overnight stays.
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Organization of meetings and tours for visitors
- Maintaining communication of market developments with segment resources
- Help identify employee / distribution center training needs
- Coordinate various marketing activities with the Aftermarket Analyst and/or Marketing Communications Manager
- Provide input and information to create a program/marketing material to support aftermarket sales
- Attend Product Management & Engineering meetings to review new and product development changes
- Maintain analysis of Valley parts compared to competitor's parts
- Market Research for new part product ideas that would contribute to the overall growth of aftermarket sales
- Supports the internal sales force on product training, collateral requirements, technical support, market analysis and trends
- The ability to gather appropriate information concerning field terrain, soil types, water source, water delivery methods, crops grown and irrigation management methods
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Associates Degree with 3+ years of experience or 5+ years of relevant product related experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in English in both oral and written conversation
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, building relationships with all levels of employees, Valley dealer personnel and end-user customers
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently with Valmont employees, dealers and end customers
- Ability to organize and manage multiple, simultaneous priorities and meet aggressive deadlines
- Creativity, individual energy and entrepreneurial character
- Attention to detail and accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Knowledge of the material, costs, techniques and processes used within the Aftermarket Sales area
- Judgment and decision making skills while comparing relative cost and benefit potential
- Deductive reasoning ability to formulate answers to specific questions that make sense
- Passion, integrity and a drive for continuous improvement and delivery of results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Preferred Bachelors in a relevant field or Associates Degree with 3+ years relevant experience or 5+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of customer service functions and shipping procedures
- Strong leadership, problem solving and planning skills
- Professional work experience with sprinklers, center pivots, linears or other types of water application
- Agri-business related work experience
- Work experience with dealer or dealership organizations
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The position does require the incumbent to have a valid US driver's license and be able to travel by plane as required by the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.