600 W Reichmuth Rd Valley Nebraska 68064-0358
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
This role can be based in the areas of Phoenix, AZ; San Diego or Bay Area, CA; Denver, CO; Austin, TX; Washington DC; or Omaha, NE. Will also consider remote work from anywhere in the US.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This Application Engineer will provide technical expertise to support Valmont's growing solar tracker business. The Individual Contributor role will be responsible for pre-sales and post-sales activities related to the approval and design of tracker products in the assigned territory. This position will serve as the primary technical customer contact and will work closely with the Sales, Marketing, and Design Engineering teams to support business growth. This position works closely with the Sales, Business Line Management, Engineering, and Global Operations leadership team, within with the Global Generation division and other Valmont teams. This role can be based in the areas of Phoenix, AZ; San Diego or Bay Area, CA; Denver, CO; Austin, TX; Washington DC; or Omaha, NE. Will also consider remote work from anywhere in the US.
- This position reports to the vice President & General Manager - Global Solar and has no direct or indirect reports
- Travels (25%) into the field, within assigned territory, to provide technical sales support and training to support sales efforts as needed
- Support Sales and Marketing organization in preparing and presenting technical material to external stakeholders on the company's products and services
- Make technical and product presentations to current and prospective customer on features and benefits
- Analyze customer needs and match to product offerings by supporting proposal development
- Act as a liaison between customers and Valmont's engineering teams in problem solving and technical expertise
- Provide general technical support to customers, prospects, and sales team members
- Provides input to Business Line Management and Product Management teams on product improvements and new product developments
- Coordinates customer visits & meetings, provide agendas and ensures appropriate personnel participate
- Develop and update product specifications
- Performs other departmental duties as required
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Complete applicable management reports
- Drive efficiency and productivity in functional area through process improvement activities
- Leads webinars as part of customer outreach / training of installers on our products
- Support product development activities through idea creation, concept validation, gathering customer insights, and support validation testing
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelors of Engineering Degree, Mechanical or Civil Structural with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Customer focused with client liaison experience
- Demonstrated leadership, commercial competencies, cross functional team building and communication skills
- Ability to present technical topics in a clear and concise manner
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely present information to management and customers
- Ability to use sound judgment in decisions in order to gain customer satisfaction, at the same time protecting the company interest
- The ability to organize and manage multiple, simultaneous priorities
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Experience with ground mounted solar supports, specifically solar trackers
- Experience in the solar industry, specifically in PV development projects
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Up to 25% travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.