28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Shapecutter Helper position in the Small Parts Department. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will safely and efficiently use various types of grinders and other tools to remove slag and mill scale from plasma and oxy/fuel cut parts. Additionally, you will be responsible for...
- Verifying that parts are dimensionally correct in comparison to blueprints and labeled correctly
- Touch up parts and attach ID tags by means of GMAW/MIG welding
- Sort parts and send them to the appropriate assembly shop
- Track labor per order appropriately
- Measure and verify parts to accuracy
What it takes
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience operating a forklift
- The ability to pass a 1G flat weld assessment
- The ability to operate an overhead crane
- The ability to read a tape measure and use a caliper
- The ability to maintain an organized working environment
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.