600 W Reichmuth Rd Valley Nebraska 68064-0358
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This Project Field Technician will provide field technical expertise and commissioning services to support Valmont's growing solar tracker business. The position with be responsible for the execution of on-site activities including interfacing with customers, installers, and contractors on the installation and operation of solar trackers. This Individual Contributor role can be based in the areas of Phoenix, AZ; San Diego or Bay Area, CA; Denver, CO; Austin, TX; Washington DC; Omaha, NE. This position is primarily an on-site role.
- This position reports to the Vice President & General Manager and has no direct or indirect reports
- Ability to travel, primarily domestically, up to 75% including overnight stays.
- Utilize site performance monitoring and alerting tools to monitor sites
- Utilize field service tracking and resolution systems to efficiently resolve service requests
- Consistently and thoroughly document field service activities and results through reports and field service tools
- Develop and maintain understanding of operation and maintenance of Valmont equipment (mechanical, pneumatics, controls)
- Perform onsite system review and troubleshooting
- Identify needed equipment, and work with internal teams to source and deliver parts to site
- Provide construction oversight, and perform critical quality review of installed Valmont equipment and document non-conformances
- Oversee and supervise subcontractors
- Provide input on construction/maintenance tools, equipment, procedures
- Provide input/review of customer facing construction and operation documentation
- Provide additional field support wherever needed
- Responsible for all onsite commissioning activities
- Responsible to ensure work is professionally and efficiently performed
- Coordinate with installers and on preferred sequence of work
- Arrange for delivery of commissioning materials, tools and equipment to support efficient and timely commissioning
- Perform pre commissioning site walk with customer and generate pre-commissioning punch list for installer
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Work closely with assigned Engineering to establish communications between SCADA and controllers
- Perform required tests and measurements
- Responsible to properly and professionally complete logs and reports daily (checklists, task lists, remediation, inventory, etc.)
- Generate weekly commissioning reports
- Work with O&M team to provide system training as required
- Participate in cross-functional project teams to support the release of new products and related projects from an installation, reliability and quality perspective
- Perform, support and/or coordinate product failure investigation, corrective and preventive action, quality improvement projects, and supplier audits as needed
- May support the complaint investigation process to ensure timely evaluation and resolution of product quality issues
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Preferred Bachelor's with 5+ years relevant experience or Associate's degree with 7+ years of experience or 9+ years of experience
- Five years of experience in a technical or engineering role, preferably with high or some customer contact
- Demonstrated leadership, commercial competencies, cross functional team building and communication skills
- Ability to present technical topics in a clear and concise manner
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely present information to management and customers
- Ability to use sound judgment in decisions in order to gain customer satisfaction, at the same time protecting the company interest
- The ability to organize and manage multiple, simultaneous priorities
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Experience with ground mounted solar supports, specifically solar trackers
- Experience in the solar industry, specifically in PV development projects
- Experience commissioning solar projects
Working Environment and Physical Efforts
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Travel is required up to 75% of the time domestically, including overnight stays. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.