20805 Eaton Ave Farmington Minnesota 55024-7932
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This is an individual contributor position responsible for performing administrative tasks and clerical support for the production department. This includes typing, filing out bills of lading, filing, pick-up and delivering mail, keying production information, recording production information, maintaining files, etc. This individual applies knowledge of department policies and procedures, and utilizes a general understanding of other departments' functions.
- This position reports into the Production Supervisor.
- Responsible for preparing and sending production related forecasts.
- Coordinates and verifies the accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments and orders.
- Verifies that materials received are as ordered. May route incoming items within the company as directed. Maintains related records.
- Files and delivers mail to ensure orders can be revised, scheduled, started, sent to the finisher, and shipped on time.
- Creates reviews, translates, and modifies Bills of Lading, export papers, and associated paperwork to ensure they correctly communicate the product shipped, its weight, and unit quantity for customer orders and shipping orders to vendors.
- Compiles and records production data on volume of production from work orders, specifications, and production reports, as directed by Production Supervisor.
- Enters data for product inventory into parts database.
- Review, input and audit data with above-average attention to detail & accuracy.
- Other duties/responsibilities as required and/or assigned.
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Responsible for their own safety and required to report any unsafe acts or conditions to the appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of their work including reporting & data accuracy.
- Continuously improve the level of support provided to stakeholders which ultimately affects the end-customer.
- Support the Production Supervisor with other administrative tasks within the production administration department including traffic liaison, order clearing, order tracking, invoicing, and problem-solving.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Strong working knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Minimum of 2+ years in a shipping/traffic/dispatch role.
- Demonstrated strengths in interpersonal skills including the ability to adapt and professionally communicate with a variety of people via phone and e-mail
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- The ability to analyze data and make informed decisions.
- Knowledge, confidence, and flexibility to handle several activities simultaneously and be able to perform effectively under pressure.
- Possess knowledge of transportation terms & manufacturing processes.
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Posses These Qualifications:
- Associates in a related field or 4 years of experience, within a manufacturing administrative role.
- Experience with warehouse inventory systems.
- Experience with an ERP System (ex. IFS, SAP).
- Experience with Traffic Management System.
- The ability to solve complex problems with high attention to detail and work in a fast-paced environment subject to specific deadlines
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting, with occasional visits to manufacturing settings. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office and visit manufacturing facilities. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. When in the production facility, the employee will be required to wear close toed shoes, safety glasses and hearing protection.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc.