20805 Eaton Ave Farmington Minnesota 55024-7932
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position
The Shipping Lead position is responsible for supervising the daily work of all shipping and polishing (machine operator) personnel. This person must be a highly driven individual that will communicate daily with all levels of employees regarding daily safety, quality and production metrics to be achieved, and on-going training and development activities.
- Responsible for supervising the daily work of all shipping and polishing personnel.
- Direct all work priority for manufacturing processes and coordinate shipping activities.
- Plan for the efficient production and shipment of finished product in the most efficient manner.
- Utilize human resources to accomplish required production and shipping activities in an effective manner.
- Actively promote Valmont Safety and Lean programs.
- Ensure accountability of all staff to key deliverables including quality of work, quantity of work, attendance, safety, teamwork, etc.
- Lead work teams through positive interactions, motivation and corrective action as needed.
- Train, or arrange training of, shift personnel to ensure consistent methods and results.
- Actively model and enforce established safety policies and consistently seek opportunities for safety improvements- Manage the use of equipment and materials to ensure that products are manufactured on schedule and within quality and cost objectives.
- Anticipate and pursue product flow in a proactive manner displaying a sense of urgency to meet daily demands- Maintain a clean, orderly production environment that is thoroughly cleaned for the following shift.
Important Details about the Role
- The employee is responsible for own work.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of people.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- The employee must maintain a safe and productive work environment producing a quality product which is shipped complete and on time to satisfy the needs of the customer.
- The employee has a direct impact on safety, quality, productivity, TME (total manufacturing expenses), and customer satisfaction.
- This position reports to the Production Supervisor.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of leadership experience in an industrial and/or manufacturing setting.
- Knowledge of all varieties of machines and fabrication.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read micrometers, flatness and radius gauges and tape measures.
- Overhead crane and/or forklift experience.
- Valid Driver's License and safe driving record.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to meet production, safety, and quality standards in a high-paced working environment.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds, with most frequent lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to be Valmont trained and certified in operation of forklift.
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility safety regulations.
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Three (3) years-experience in a leadership role in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues.
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions .
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times.
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results.
- GED and/or High School Diploma (Required)
- Able to do basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division and fraction conversion)
- Able to read and comprehend routings and blueprints
- Able to use a tape measure
- Able to use a computer to enter production date, perform time keeping functions, interface with machines and other equipment
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.